A short while ago, we asked our facebook fans which physique (male and female) they found most appealing.
Interestingly enough, the majority of the votes went to physiques that resembled those of oldtime physical culturists of the 18th to early 19th century (votes A and B for men, B and C for ladies).
These physical culturists were not excessively muscled nor were they too skinny. Their bodies exuded health, strength and athleticism. They were not only extremely strong, but were also capable of performing acrobatic feats. They recommended people to combine strength training with some form of gymnastics and running. Doing so kept their bodies strong, robust, mobile, agile and flexible throughout their entire lives.
Latest posts by Physical Culturist (see all)
- Strength exercises could help older adults get back on their feet, study finds - December 5, 2018
- Weightlifting is good for your heart and it doesn’t take much - November 12, 2018
- How a 94-year-old retiree became a gym rat - May 21, 2018
- All cancer patients should be prescribed exercise, Australian guidelines say - May 16, 2018
- The key to sound sleep might be in your muscles, not your brain - January 13, 2018